As language teachers, we have been controlled by theoreticians and researchers. Theoreticians suggest a theoretical possibility, but sometimes these are impractical and boring for students.
For examples, when we teach English to students, certain components of games and chants are really impractical.
I think researchers and theoreticians who make the curriculum and content need to cooperate with teachers as practitioners.
When teachers adjust a theory into real class situations they know the strength and weakness well.
Theoreticians should consider practitioners’ feedback and collaborate with them.
Looking back on my experience as an English teacher, in my first year I reluctantly followed the guideline that I had been given.
I didn’t exchange the component of context. I have no power that could change the context. It is not available among our society. If I skip the part that I thought was useless that means I did not teach at all and did not my role as a teacher.
Recently, English curriculums have empowered the teachers. They also consider the social environment such as rural or urban area. This is important especially for English as SLA usually is influenced by the learner’s social environment and culture.
Nowadays, language teachers can reconstruct contexts to make more compelling for students.
The new paradigm of SLA is considered to be active involvement on the part of teacher and students.
It is a new oriental framework that empowers all the parties involved in the process of SLA knowledge building.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기